Re: [igraph] build or R version fails in R 3.0.0

From: Michael Steeves
Subject: Re: [igraph] build or R version fails in R 3.0.0
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 20:20:16 -0500

On Nov 6, 2013, at 12:40 PM, George Dietz <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am having a similiar problem but on Mavericks. Igraph fails in the same
> place but no mention of libxml. I am using the macports version of R. Here is
> the output:

George -- I had this issue as well (though on 10.8.4, not Mavericks), and what
ended up happening was there was some sort of problem caused by having
SuiteSparse (a requirement for SciPy) installed, and causing this conflict. I
deleted both the scipy package I had installed and then SuiteSparse, and was
able to install igraph without any further problem.

I've reinstalled SuiteSparse and igraph seems to load OK, but I haven't tried
using it yet to verify that it does work correctly.

Hope this helps.

-Mike
--
Michael Steeves