Re: [igraph] Mavericks - just checking in

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Mavericks - just checking in
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:30:40 +0200

> Jus checking in on Mavericks. (Mac OS X 10.9)
>
> Does the latest in python install work fine?
This is what I've found so far:

- importing the Python module compiled with Mac OS X 10.8 works just fine on
Mac OS X 10.9 (provided that you use the same version of Python, i.e. 2.7)

- the C core of igraph compiles just fine with clang

- The Python interface also seems to be functioning correctly

However, chances are that the Mac installers we distribute on pypi.python.org
won't work because those were made on 10.8 and I think that there is a built-in
version check that prevents these packages from being installed on other
versions of OS X. I'll check it and release an installer for 10.9 if needed.

Cheers,
Tamas