[igraph] Calculating community centrality

From: Frederik Elwert
Subject: [igraph] Calculating community centrality
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:43:47 +0200

Dear all,

I am currently investigating measures that indicate centrality of nodes
for a given community. My previous (and probably a bit naive) approach
was to re-calculate standard centrality measures for subgraphs for each
community. Now I discovered that Newman (2006) describes a measure
“community centrality” for exactly this use case.[1] Since Newman’s
leading eigenvector algorithm for community detection is already
implemented, I wanted to ask if it is possible to calculate this measure
using igraph.

I am afraid that I am not savvy enough to implement it based on the math
in the paper. But maybe it is possible to calculate it based on the
already implemented code for community detection?

Regards,
Frederik

[1] http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/centrality/