[igraph] how to obtain the weighted adjacency matrix of a directed weigh

From: Bob Pap
Subject: [igraph] how to obtain the weighted adjacency matrix of a directed weighted network
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:21:14 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to customize the "alpha" parameter of the alpha.centrality() function, following practice that sets its value close to the reciprocal of the largest eigenvalue of the adjacency matrix.

I figured out how to obtain such eigenvalue by use of the arpack() function and the example given in its help.  However, I believe I should use the weighted adjacency matrix (I have a weighted and directed network), which I cannot obtain by using get.adjacency(). Is there an option I have missed?

Kindly,
Bob Pap