Re: [igraph] What is the max value of a node id?

From: ????????????
Subject: Re: [igraph] What is the max value of a node id?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 00:28:18 +0800

Thank you very much, Tamas!

Microsoft makes things confusing...

and I think I made a big mistake about adding vertices... I found that by the error message "src/vector.pmt:439 : cannot reserve space for vector, Out o memory"

the parameter of igraph_add_vertices is for the count of nodes to add, but not the node id. So if I repeat invoking it with larger and larger value, there will be too many nodes...

As a result, if I just run igraph_add_vertices(&g,2147483647,0), it works... the binary number of 2147483647 is 31 1 bits. As we know, the 32nd bit is the sign bit.
So if I run igraph_add_vertices(&g,2147483648,0), following error occurs: src/type_indexededgelist.c:369: cannot add negative number of vertices, Invalid value

I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT.

It seems that there is not a function by which adding a single node by its ID? there is add_vertex() in python package, and if g.add_vertex(4294967296), the number will be the Name of the node.

BTW, I found that by calling g.add_vertex() in python, the Name of the node can be very large number, even larger than 64 bits, why is that?