[igraph] Generate graph with a priori community information

From: Gang Su
Subject: [igraph] Generate graph with a priori community information
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:26:06 -0400

Dear developers,

I was wondering whether it's possible to generate a graph with a-priori community information(known clustering).
Here's a link:
http://prola.aps.org/pdf/PRE/v69/i2/e026113

Newman has implemented a simple 4 group method, with defined in group edge density(p-in) and out edge density(p-out).

However, for real life data, the degree distribution may follow certain patterns, such as power-law distribution.

My idea is is it possible to generate a graph, with defined clustering, and possible follow a defined degree distribution and cluster size distribution as well?

For example, we may generate a graph with degree distribution alpha = 1.5 and cluster size follow a gamma distribution..or normal distribution.

I have doing literature digging right now but i haven't found a good solution yet.

Thanks!

Gang