Re: [igraph] community_fastgreedy() requires integers as edge weights?

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] community_fastgreedy() requires integers as edge weights?
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:45:23 +0200

Using the fastgreedy community detection with edge weights i get the following error:
Yes, you're right, that's a bug. It has been fixed in the following patch:
http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi/address@hidden/igraph--main--0.6--patch-42/interfaces/python/src/igraphmodule.c.diff?diff
There are many patches waiting to be backported to the 0.5 tree before the upcoming release of igraph 0.5.1 (which will fix this bug and some others as well).

I think the bug appears only if you supply an attribute name to g.community_fastgreedy() (e.g. g.community_fastgreedy("weight")). Try to supply the weight vector instead, I reckon this will serve as a workaround till 0.5.1.

--
Tamas

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "graphmeasures.py", line 226, in getCom
    vcG = G.community_leading_eigenvector()
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.3-fat/egg/igraph/__init__.py", line 437, in community_fastgreedy
TypeError: sequence elements must be integers

If i understand the algorithm, it should be quite happy with floats. Am I wrong? Is this a bug?

-Kurt J