[igraph] Slow running speed of the R igraph lib

From: Gang Su
Subject: [igraph] Slow running speed of the R igraph lib
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:48:13 -0400

Hey network folks,

I ran into a performance issue, have any of you guys used the edge-betweeness community detection on large datasets? I have run the community detection on a Pentium 4 with 2 G ram, windows XP, with ~10k nodes and 100k edges. It has been running for 50 hours and still running. According to the original paper, the C version should not be running that long.

Have anyone analyzed an network of such scale? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Gang Su

PhD student
Bioinformatics training track