hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Happy new year

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] Happy new year
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 06:26:53 +0100

Hi Bob,

thank you for your answer and for the, sort of welcome message :)

My main interests and goals to using GNU hyperbole are rather simple I
guess: build a PIM and knowledge databases (areas of interests go from
coding to chess learning).

I can feel the powerness of this tool but, really, I do not know where
to start. This is mostly on my side: I do not want to go the wrong
way, that's why I asked for the real-world-examples.

Say I want to build my chess learning/analyzing system: it would
contains << pointers >> to my chess games (on FICS for example), my
opening book (in Koutlne format), links to PGN databases I carefuly
built, allows me to follow my progression OTB on the FIDE website,
etc. I want to stay in GNU emacs and do my chess learning in it and
have the ability to go here and there. Koutline would be wonderful in opening
my databases given it is a text-oriented format (PGN) which happens to be a
good candidate to Koutline.

Here is an example of PGN file:

[Event "IMT ;EXT 90"]
[Site "Hamburg IMT ;EXT 90"]
[Date "1990.??.??"]
[Round "3"]
[White "Zsinka, Laszlo"]
[Black "Tompa, Janos"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "2370"]
[BlackElo "2420"]
[ECO "A80"]
[EventDate "1990.??.??"]

1. d4 f5 2. Bg5 c5 3. dxc5 Qa5+ 4. Qd2 Qxc5 5. Qc3 e6 6. Be3 Qxc3+ 7. Nxc3 Bb4
8. Bd2 Nc6 9. e4 fxe4 10. Nxe4 Bxd2+ 11. Kxd2 Nf6 1/2-1/2

Do you think this is something where Hyperbole would shine ?

++
--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:address@hidden                w:www.maillard.im

GPG:                           9983 DCA1 1FAC 8DA7 653A
                               F9AA BA49 09B7 8F04 DE1B