help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Some changes

From: David A. Capello
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Some changes
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:53:39 -0300

En Wed, 2 Feb 2005 03:12:50 +0100 (CET), Reuben Thomas <address@hidden> escribió:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, David A. Capello wrote:

En Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:34:07 +0100 (CET), Reuben Thomas <address@hidden>
escribió:

   for (;;) {

This messes up the display because if the minibuf has a message in it, it is deleted before the display is updated. This means that errors &c. cannot be seen in the minibuffer, because they are immediately deleted. What's the
point of this change?

Because minibuf_clear() moves the cursor to the bottom of the screen,
and the cursor should stay in the current window point. I don't known
why, but with the original code, termcap works just fine, but allegro
leaves the cursor in the minibuf (so you never see the cursor in the
current window).

I've just had a quick look at the code and it's not trivial to fix,
because the current physical position of the cursor on screen is not
always known, and is computed in term_refresh.

Yes, that is why I didn't try another thing to exchange the lines :)

I think the simplest
thing is to make the variable cur_topline in term_refresh a static
global, and then add a function term_show_cursor which consists of just
the last line of term_refresh, i.e. the call to term_move with the right
values. term_show_cursor can then be called in main to reposition the
cursor after minibuf_clear.

How does that sound?

You mean "term_show_cursor which consists of just the last line
of term_redisplay", right?

  term_move(cur_topline + cur_wp->topdelta, point_screen_column);

That could be the easier way.

How are you getting on applying your changes to the 2.0 branch? I'd like
to release 2.0beta12 as soon as possible. I have a security fix and a
build fix for EPOC, and it would be nice to have your allegro fixes too.

Well, really, I have no time, just today I go out of my city to visit
my father, so I can't check in the changes before the Friday 11. If you
want to commit the changes, that would be great.

Good luck.
--
http://www.davidcapello.com.ar/