Re: Paper Sizes

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Paper Sizes
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 00:07:19 +0100

> Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 11:38 PM
> From: "Karl Berry" <karl@freefriends.org>
> To: gavinsmith0123@gmail.com, help-texinfo@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Paper Sizes
>
>     The problem is that screens could be any size and shape
>
> Speaking of beamer presentations? Sure, there is no universal size, but
> in practice, the 12.8cm x 9.6cm (4:3 aspect ratio) which the LaTeX
> beamer package produces seems to work for the majority of situations. It
> might be useful to add that as a size.
>
>     We can't add an infinite number of paper
>     format commands to accomodate all the possibilities.

Agreed.  Did some work on page sizes.  Still have suggested @bfivepaper and
@bsixpaper,
which Gavin also concluded are useful.  Currently, we are sticking with the
additional
two.

Yep, will be good to have beamer as there is no portrait paper.  However Gavin
mentioned
the problem of font size.  We can have new font that is larger than 12.  Beamer
will only
be useful if there is an appropriate larger font for beamer.

Current problem with @displaymath is that @tex allows multiple inline and
displays using
$ and $$.  @displaymath forces a fragmentation of expressions.

I had reported that @pagesizes was not functioning