Re: [help-texinfo] New Texi parser?

From: Jean-Louis Leroy
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] New Texi parser?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 08:15:09 +0000

>     How large is the community?
>
> Based on the mailing list subscriptions and traffic, not that large as
> far as as developers go, but not zero, either :).

I can try a post on comp.lang.perl.modules, and talk to the editor of
perl.com about running an article on a Texinfo project.

> Yeah.  Torsten Bronger recently wrote a texi2latex program based on the
> XML output from makeinfo (as I recall).  That seemed to work out fairly
> well.  It might be the best way to write additional "flexible"
> tools.

That won't solve my problem with @node (adding an argument to it).

But this makes me think about a way of validating the parser. Does the
XML output contain the complete information of a texi file? The XML
converter is probably easy to write, if the new converter outputs
exactly the same XML as makeinfo for all the big GNU texi files
(especially makeinfo's, that one must be tricky), then we have a
reliable modern parser and that may motivate people to start writing
converters.
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
Sound Object Logic