help-tar

[Help-tar] Re: tar + lbzip2

From: ERSEK Laszlo
Subject: [Help-tar] Re: tar + lbzip2
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:02:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Bdale Garbee wrote:

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-tar/2009-10/msg00008.html

As the maintainer of the Debian packaging of tar, I'm ok with Sergey's
proposal in [0].

Thank you.

As that means /etc/alternatives/bzip2-filter, maybe through /usr/bin/bzip2-filter first: dear mentors, can you point me to a resource that describes the alternatives system from a packager's POV? Or should I just look at packages providing alternatives now?

But, sigh, I struggle to refrain from going too far into grumpy old man
mode, pining away for the days when we all knew how to, and were willing
to, use '|'...

Thank you a lot.

lacos