help-tar

[Help-tar] tar + lbzip2

From: ERSEK Laszlo
Subject: [Help-tar] tar + lbzip2
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:18:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Paul Wise wrote:

Talk to the upstream tar maintainers about ways to make tar detect if
lbzip2 is available and use it instead of bzip2.

Please join the conversation under [0], I believe I'm no further qualified to talk on behalf of Debian.

In my understanding, the following ideas have emerged until now, listed in decreasing order of preference of Sergey Poznyakoff, the GNU tar maintainer (ie. top entry is most preferred):

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-tar/2009-10/msg00008.html
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-tar/2009-10/msg00004.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-tar/2009-10/msg00005.html

Thanks,