help-stow

Re: [Help-stow] chkstow not showing list of packages

From: James Jong
Subject: Re: [Help-stow] chkstow not showing list of packages
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:15:04 -0400

I wonder if the reason why chkstow isn't working is because I am using symlinks to populate my stow dir ? (see my other question: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-stow/2013-04/msg00006.html

James

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM, James Jong <address@hidden> wrote:
I have the following setup in my .stowrc file:

--dir=/home/james/opt/stow_all/stow_storage
--target=/home/james/opt/stow_all/stow_appear
--ignore='~'
--ignore='^CVS'

and I have successfully stowed two packages under my target path.

However, when I try:
> chkstow --list
or
> chkstow -l
or
> chkstow -t /home/james/opt/stow_all/stow_appear --list

I get nothing. Wasn't this command supposed to show the packages that I have installed? Any thoughts on why I get nothing?

Thanks again for providing this great tool to the community. As we move back to time-shared systems/supercomputers and people lose admin rights to these systems, installing to local installations is increasingly becoming more common, and Stow is a perfect fit for this,

~James