help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Re: Smalltalk mailing list & compilation

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:01:50 +0200

L. Rotger wrote:
Hi,

I've become interested in Smalltalk and I was glad to find a GNU implementation but I've had some difficulties installing it. I had to #define LONG_LONG_MAX by myself because at libffi/include/ffi.h it was not being detected.

If I compile a little program by hand to see what's defined, __GNUC__ is defined but __LONG_LONG_MAX__ is not (in my g++ at least). What gives?
What is the version of your G++?
Another question, where do people discuss about Smalltalk? I subscribed to "help-smalltalk" and "bug-gnu-smalltalk" but they are either very low-volume or not used at all, I still hacen't seen any message. Can you tell me where to go to ask questions?
Unsubscribed people's messages to help-smalltalk are moderated. bug-gnu-smalltalk is not used, help-smalltalk is low volume but used.

Paolo