help-shishi

Re: Copy of GFDL in copyright?

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Copy of GFDL in copyright?
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:19:29 -0700

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Russ, I just upgraded debian-shishi CVS for latest Shishi, and also
> removed the copy of GFDL and pointed at /usr/share/common-licenses/GFDL
> instead.  Maybe I shouldn't have done the last step?  I noticed your
> earlier commit:

[...]

> I'm not sure I follow the intention: either just the licenses mentioned
> in 12.5 are OK to substitute with a reference, or all common licenses
> distributed in base-files are OK to substitute with a reference.  The
> latter seems more flexible to me.  Which is it?

Policy is currently out of sync with base-files.  We'll fix it in the next
Policy upload.  What you did is fine.

> Btw, I suspect we should wait with any upload until the GPLv3 license
> has been reviewed by debian, and possibly also installed into
> /usr/share/common-licenses/?

Yes, that would be my preference.  I'm not really sure what that process
entails, though, or how long it will take.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>