Octave 3.8.2 on MacPorts?

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Octave 3.8.2 on MacPorts?
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 14:50:11 -0500

I just installed the MacPorts version of Octave 3.8.2. It seems to work
alright, except for plot, but I get a peculiar error message when I quit
Octave. Any ideas?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.5 on an iMac. Here is a complete Octave-Terminal
session.

Last login: Fri Nov 28 14:29:28 on ttys000
~$ /opt/local/bin/octave
GNU Octave, version 3.8.2
Copyright (C) 2014 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/get-involved.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
For information about changes from previous versions, type 'news'.

octave> m = 252;
octave> quit
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type
octave_interrupt_exception
panic: Abort trap: 6 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
save to 'octave-workspace' complete
Abort trap: 6
~$