Re: Need Help Loading Functions

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Need Help Loading Functions
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:38:00 -0400

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM, adi89 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi guys,

I just started using Octave recently.

I made a text file with

"function [y1,y2]= squareAndCubeThisNumber(x)

y1= x^2;
y2=x^3;"

And that's it in a txt file saved as "squareAnd CubeThisNumber.m"

I saved it to a folder, which is the directory recognized by Octave when i
type pwd.

C:\Users\etc.

when I try to call upon the function, Octave says it's undefined, yet the
file in in the appropriate folder.

I'm getting frustrated, because I thought Octave recognizes these files in
the corresponding directory. I'm not sure what's wrong.. Would appreciate
some input.

Thanks.

Try a file name with no spaces in it.