Re: Criticisms against Octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Criticisms against Octave
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 15:30:13 +0000

2012/2/5 Doug Stewart <address@hidden>:
> Jordi.
> I didn't read any complaints in his comments, only an explanation of why he
> couldn't use Octave.

I'd agree. IMO it's as beneficial to know why octave isn't used, than
the opposite, though less pleasant to hear. And most of the comments
were different than the standard "for-loops-suck" or
"where's-simulink", I found them quite interesting. This person
mentions he's using octave and tries to promote its usage. I think
such user deserves more than <my_interpretation>if you don't pay for
octave, shut up, you can't say anything negative about
it</my_interpretation>.

Michael.