Re: installation error statistics-1.1.0 on octave 3.5.90+

From: indium
Subject: Re: installation error statistics-1.1.0 on octave 3.5.90+
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:22:28 +0100

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 05:30:22PM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 29 December 2011 17:26, indium <address@hidden> wrote:
> > a 'justification' for using the development version: I run on multiple
> > linux platforms that typically have different stable versions of octave
> > (or even gnuplot/fltk), so I decided to compile the development version
> > on each platform.
>
> If it's a matter of source distribution, why aren't you compiling the
> stable release? Currently 3.4.3, hopefully soon 3.6.0.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

I thought of using the development tree so that any incremental changes
would only require an update via mercurial on all platforms and then a
'small recompilation'. Compiling from a tar archive usually takes half
an hour or more and that's what I did before switching to the
development version. So yes, maybe I should do as you suggest, but the
development works fine (except that I start anoying people in the
(wrong) mailing list) and is quickly updated.