Build failure: ‘floor’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Build failure: ‘floor’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 02:33:04 -0500

On 11-Feb-2011, Michael B Allen wrote:

| I'm trying to build the latest package from the website on a Fedora 9
| system but I've hit a road block:
|
| Range.cc: In function ‘double tfloor(double, double)’:
| Range.cc:440: error: ‘floor’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’
| Range.cc:444: error: ‘floor’ is not a member of ‘gnulib’
| make[3]: *** [liboctave_la-Range.lo] Error 1
|
| Can someone recommend a solution?

What is "the latest package" and which one is "the website"?

If you are using 3.4.0, then I would expect gnulib::floor to be
properly resolved, as the gnulib math.h header should have the
necessary magic to make that happen.  If not, then there is a bug, and
you should report it on Octave bug tracker at bugs.octave.org.

I'll need more information to debug the problem since I can't
duplicate it on my system.

jwe