Compiling octave 3.4.0 on ubuntu 64 getting error "configure: error: You

From: Rick T
Subject: Compiling octave 3.4.0 on ubuntu 64 getting error "configure: error: You are required to have BLAS and LAPACK libraries "
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:00:55 -1000

Greetings All

I get this error message when I run the ./configure command trying to compile octave 3.4.0 on ubuntu 64 getting error "configure: error: You are required to have BLAS and LAPACK libraries "

I installed gcc,g++,fort77,f2c,libatlas3gf-base but it still says "configure: error: You are required to have BLAS and LAPACK libraries "
I thought the Atlas package has the BLAS and LAPACK stuff inside.

Any ideas how to fix?

Aloha
Rick
|http://www.onewithall.net/
|"Knowledge may be the Key"
|"But wisdom unlocks the door"
|"Absolute Power demands absolutely nothing"

"The bourgeois today burns as heretics and hangs as criminals those to whom he erects monuments tomorrow" ('Steppenwolf')