Re: [fltk] saving 3D images

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [fltk] saving 3D images
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 06:00:25 -0500

On  4-Feb-2011, Martijn Brouwer wrote:

| I found out that 3.3.91 is out (it is not listed on the download page!).

It is not a release, just a snapshot for testing purposes leading up
to 3.4.

| Unfortunately, 3.3.91 also does not like printing 3D images.

As I've said in most if not all of the announcements about snapshots
since the fltk graphics features were added to Octave:

  This snapshot includes the new experimental OpenGL-based graphics
  code, but gnuplot is still used by default.  Assuming you have
  all the required libraries and have built the OpenGL bits properly,
  you should be able to switch to the new grahpics toolkit with the
  command

    graphics_toolkit ("fltk");

  Plots should mostly work, but there are still some problems.  If you
  would like to see these graphics features improve at a more rapid
  pace, please help with implementing the things you miss most.  We
  would like to have "rundemos plot" working correctly before the next
  major release.

jwe