Re: Octave with FLTK backend on Mac OS X?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave with FLTK backend on Mac OS X?
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:59:27 -0500

On Feb 9, 2010, at 2:53 AM, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I'd like to try the FLTK backend on my Mac OS X box. I currently use
> the Octave version from MacPorts, which does not include the FLTK
> backend (for reasons I do not really understand). What are my options?
>
> Matthias

The FLTK backend is actively under development. If you're happy with the state
of the FLTK for the MacOS X binaries at Octave Forge, you can download and run
3.2.3 (Liam commented on this yesterday, I think).

        http://octave.sourceforge.net

Otherwise, you'll need to build from the sources. For that you'll also need to
satisfy the dependencies. The dependencies may be handled by either the Fink or
MacPorts package managers.

I replied to your earlier inquiry on the subject of using MacPorts below.

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2010-February/015070.html

Last month, Michael Godfrey summarized how to build the developers sources, on
MacOS X, without using a package manager.

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2010-January/014559.html

Ben