Re: Adding Greek Characters To Plots

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Adding Greek Characters To Plots
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:06:13 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
| I also agree it is not a good solution. Do you suggest we deviate
| from Matlab's approach? ... perhaps we should add an "interpreter"
| property to the axes? (that it is missing in Matlab is a long
| frustration for me).

That seems like a fairly safe extension, so I guess I'd be in favor of
it.

So in that case should it be set to "tex" or "none" by default? The three lines of code I sent would then need to be in an if/end block based on the value of the interpreter property of the axes. Its a fairly simple patch to __go_draw_axes__, though the property will need to be added in src/graphics.cc and src/graphics.h.in

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)