Re: Octave bindings for OpenCV

From: Xavier Delacour
Subject: Re: Octave bindings for OpenCV
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:26:38 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 4:32 AM, David Bateman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Xavier Delacour wrote:
>  > Here are Octave bindings for OpenCV (Open Computer Vision Library).
>  > 500+ computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and other
>  > functions.
>  >
>  > These are ported from the Python OpenCV bindings. It still needs a
>  > little work, but is pretty usable as is. It would be nice if
>  > eventually these were distributed with octave-forge in at least binary
>  > form.
>  >
>  > http://octave-swig.sourceforge.net/octave-opencv.html
>  >
>  >

>  Upload the package to octave-forge like the ANN package and it'll be
>  distributed as source code.. As for binary distribution, that is upto
>  the people creating the binaries..

This work is being pushed upstream into OpenCV (the tree is huge,
configure is nontrivial, etc). I guess it would make sense to have a
debian/rpm package akin to python-opencv, and to have the OpenCV
Windows installer optionally install an Octave package. Can someone
with familiarity of Windows/Octave suggest how best to do this?

Thanks,
Xavier