Re: Octave bindings for OpenCV

From: Xavier Delacour
Subject: Re: Octave bindings for OpenCV
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:32:43 -0400

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:55 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Is the OpenCV package (including what it links with) distributed under
>  license terms that are compatible with the GPL?

OpenCV itself is distributed under the BSD license. It depends on a
handful of libraries that are all under BSD/GPL/LGPL (ffmpeg, ...).

One can also optionally link it against IPP (Intel Performance
Primitives), which replaces some core functions with implementations
that use MMX/SSE extensions. I believe that is only available under a
commercial license, but not having this library does not
remove/disable any OpenCV functionality, AFAIK.

Xavier