Re: Reading NI TDMS files

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Reading NI TDMS files
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:00:12 -0500

On 18-Dec-2007, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| Would this also apply to an interface distributed in source code form
| that a user would have to compile and link? (I don't have any example
| in mind, it's more for my own understanding; and it might have an impact
| on potential octave applications).

I think the question to ask is, "would this be allowed by the GPL if
it were distributed as one binary?"  If not, then I would argue that
using some procedure to sidestep distributing all the parts together
amounts to the same thing, and would also not be allowed.  You might
also take a look at the GPL FAQ.

jwe