Re: Reading NI TDMS files

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Reading NI TDMS files
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:06:21 -0500

On 19-Dec-2007, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

| Yes, the user will link them together in the privacy of his/her home/office
| - exactly the same way I'm linking 'octave' with METIS in the privacy of my
| home.

Please also see the FAQ entry for

  If a program released under the GPL uses plug-ins, what are the
  requirements for the licenses of a plug-in?

| Furthermore, think of the following sequence/combination:
|
| GPL ('octave') <-> LGPL (to be written interface module) <-> proprietary
module
| - every linking between adjacent elements of a pair above is permitted;

Yes, but that is irrelevant.  If all the parts are linked together and
distributed, then they must all have licenses that are compatible
with the GPL.  Simply putting some LGPL code in the middle does not
somehow magically eliminate the terms of the GPL.

jwe