Re: Google's "summer of code"

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Google's "summer of code"
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 10:16:30 +0200

Carlos Villegas wrote:
Hi, I am PhD candidate new with octave but several years working with matlab for engineering control design and would be very interested in participating with octave at google summer of code (through the GNU project). Is there anybody who would be willing to mentor? I can do C programming, bash scripting and some python.

regards,

Carlos
Carlos,

I think the major programming projects in octave will require the use of C++. Not saying that there isn't something you couldn't do with the profile you give above, but that it might not be interesting to you. Alternatively, there are some large projects that might be limited to using m-files only. Perhaps the thing for you to do is regard the maintainers lists, the PROJECTS file, etc and find a project that interests you, then come and ask for a mentor stating the project that interests you.. You'll probably get a lot further that way.

Best of Luck
David