Re: Google's "summer of code"

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: Google's "summer of code"
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 09:01:40 -0500

Mr. Villegas is correct in part. The octave control systems toolbox was written and released a year ahead of MATLAB's current control toolbox format. We (octave) adopted a quasi-object-oriented approach to simplify the interface functions. However, since cell arrays were not a part of Octave at the time (1996-ish), we did not develop code for MIMO transfer function/zpk formats. As Mr Rogers writes, the state-space form is all that we have available currently.

However, bode plots of individual channels of MIMO systems are available in Octave's bode, nyquist, and nichols plot functions. See the help documentation for further details. Unfortunately, due to the multiplot behavior of gnuplot, the "print" command cannot be directly used to save these plots. They must instead be plotted individually before using the octave-forge print command to save them.