Re: two questions

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: two questions
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:55:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, address@hidden wrote:

Hello!

I've just installed octave (cygwin) to my computer and now learning the difference between octave and matlab. I can find the solution for the followings on my own. Please help me and sorry for the supposingly stupid questions.

1. dir command does not work:
octave:15> dir
usage: dir (file)
error: evaluating if command near line 53, column 3
error: called from `dir' in file
`/usr/share/octave/2.1.71/m/miscellaneous/dir.m'

??? What can be wrong?

I'm actually working on fixing this so that it will work like you intend. For the time being, you're probably wanting either "ls" or "dir('.')" (without the quotes).

Bill

--
"My wife doesn't like it when I eat potentially life-threatening stuff.
I don't know what her problem is."