Octave presentation

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Octave presentation
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:03:03 +0200

I am doing a presentation on Octave at the AIMS (African Institute for
Mathematical Sciences) Winter School this coming week.

>From their website at http://www.aims.ac.za/english/events.php:

  Winter School in GNU/Linux as a Tool for Science

  AIMS is hosting a fully sponsored course in the use of Open Source
  applications and tools for scientific modelling from 11 July to 5
  August. South African lecturers and researchers (MSc and higher) in
  the mathematical sciences were invited to apply. Applications are
  now closed. The course includes running a Linux Desktop, modelling
  with Octave, Gnuplot and LaTeX, and programming for scientists with
  Python. Read more in our flyer. This course is sponsored by Cheryl
  Grunbock and Martin King, the Go Open Source Campaign, and AIMS.

You guys know Octave best, and I would appreciate any contributions in
the form of impressive graphs, interesting quotes/references and
tips/advice/ideas.

John, I'll make sure to explain the difference between Free Software
and Open Source :)

Thanks in advance.
Stéfan