Re: Skipping comments in load files

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Skipping comments in load files
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:21:11 -0600

Mike Miller wrote:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Joe Koski wrote:

I figured out my problem. The particular file that I picked to try as an example had a single space on the last "blank" line of the file.

As I just wrote, the problem appears to be not with blank, tab or space, but
with other non-printable characters. I used to get from people in the MacOS
world
all kind of weird-looking, non-ascii text files ("file" identified them
as UTF-16 or even UTF-32). They had some non-printable characters (^F?)
that I had to deal with. I wonder if Joe had one of those...

At least I cannot reproduce the problem using all kind of combinations of
linefeed, tab, space. I tried ^L, ^F, and ^Z and it brakes with any of them.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.