Re: More questions about debugging

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: More questions about debugging
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:24:29 -0600

Kalle,

For normal day-to-day debugging, I've found that the use of what you call
the "temporary.m" approach works well. I enter the "temporary.m" commands in
my favorite editor in one window, then type "temporary" in an octave
terminal window that is positioned to the same directory. Octave is good at
telling you where it quit and why. You can click back to the still open
editor, make your changes, save them, and click back to the octave window
and hit up-arrow, return to test the changes. You can work back and forth
between the two open windows until it works. The additional advantage is
that you save what you did for future use. I seldom work in the octave
window alone.

How about it? Does anyone do it differently?

Joe Koski (aka Jorma Koski)