tab completion and readline

From: David M Rector
Subject: tab completion and readline
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:52:06 -0500

Please help,

When using octave version 2.1.36, we constantly relied on tab completion to navigate through directory trees and long filenames. In octave 2.1.48 and 2.1.40, we can no longer get directory information from readline.

In fact, we used tab completion all the time in our functions as string inputs to specify directories and filenames. This no longer works under 2.1.48 and take us a lot of extra time now, so much so that I am tempted to blow away 2.1.4x and go back to 2.1.36

Does anyone know of a way to restore tab completion for filenames in octave 2.1.48.

Thanks!

Dave Rector
*:^)