RE: Bizarre Error

From: Julian DeMarchi
Subject: RE: Bizarre Error
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:28:23 -0500

OK.  I have some more info now.  Remember, my "t.m" == Peter's "function test"
below.

1) Once the error happens, it keeps recurring (even before the input function
is reached).  Running the script again boots out forthwith until "clear" is
used to flush the script cache.
2) All alphanumerics work, except where numerics preceded alphas.

* * *

a = 1
>>12334
userin = 12334
a = 1
>>asdf123
userin = []
a = 1
>>123asdg
userin = []
userin = []
userin = []
parse error:
>>> load -force testfile.dat
                        ^
parse error:
>>> load -force testfile.dat
                         ^
error: evaluating while command near line 26, column 1
error: called from `t' in file `/octave_files/t.m'
a = 1
parse error:
>>> load -force testfile.dat
                       ^
parse error:
                        ^
error: evaluating while command near line 26, column 1
error: called from `t' in file `/octave_files/t.m'
>> clear all
a = 1

userin = []