cvs problems

From: Tim Piessens
Subject: cvs problems
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:00:09 +0200 (MEST)

When I try to log into the cvs-archive but that doesn't seem to be possible.

cvs -t -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs login
cvs login: notice: main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/cvs
(Logging in to address@hidden)
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to www.octave.org:2401 failed: Connection refused

I use anoncvs as a password.
I think I will need the CVS-version since I experience a lot of troubles
compiling 2.1.36 on a solaris 2.8 machine. Are there others who have
experience compiling octave on solaris, using gcc 3.2 ?

Some of my problems :

in lo-mappers.cc :
        undefined reference to finite() although configure seems to
        compile with finite()

in c-file-ptr-stream.h :
        no memberfunction std::filebuf::filebud(..etc..)

in debug.cc :
        undefined reference to index()

Any help is appreciated, since I also have to recompile octave for HPUX
and SGI.

Thanks