help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] nano differences from 2.0.6 to 2.2.6

From: The Kabal
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] nano differences from 2.0.6 to 2.2.6
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:50:03 -0700

Thanks a lot for taking a look!

By the way, I've known your name for many years, from using nano. It was very cool seeing your name in my inbox! I used pico way back in the day, and when the licensing flare up made it (virtually) disappear, I discovered nano. I've been a faithful user ever since.

Recently, I started an incredibly cool new job, managing some 300+ servers. The first thing I did was get them all controllable and inventoried, and the first salt command I issued was to install and update nano.

Several other folks thanked me profusely, because they hated having to use vi instead because nano wasn't installed. You are making *nix suck a little bit less for a whole lot of people. :)

Thanks!,
Patrick

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey Patrick, that sounds like a bug.  I'll take a look on my mac
tonight or tomorrow.  Thanks for the report!