RE: real-time log

From: Joshi, Vikas
Subject: RE: real-time log
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:16:38 -0600

The output of the commands it's done executing. For example if one has

target:
        command 1
        command 2
        command 3
        command 4

And if one invokes make target on the above file then make prints the
output to the standard output when it's completely done. If each of
those commands takes long time to complete then the user is left
guessing whether make is working or hung up. I am interested in knowing
whether make can print out the output of command 1 either as it is
executing that command  or right after it's done executing the command.

I know that if I use redirection on each of those commands then I can
check the file in which the output is re-directed to see the progress of
make.

I am interested in knowing if the same can be achieved for standard
output.

-Vikas