Re: building under cygwin on win2000

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: building under cygwin on win2000
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:32:18 -0400

The short answer is that the native GNU make from the FSF doesn't
support Cygwin.

The Cygwin folks have a version of GNU make that they've modified to
work in the Cygwin environment, but none of those modifications have
been submitted back for inclusion in the native version to date.

As far as I know there's no sinister motive here, just a lack of tuits.