Licencing issues (Was: Re: posix standards? $(CURDIR) or $$PWD or $(she

From: gk
Subject: Licencing issues (Was: Re: posix standards? $(CURDIR) or $$PWD or $(shell pwd)?)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:34:59 -0700

Paul,
Thanks for the very informative help.

I really need an include directive so I will forget about POSIX or else write my own include wrapper.

I am writing an IDE 'wrapper'/automake' environment that depends on make.
I have looked at Ant and don't like it. I like Gnu make, but...
One of my concerns is licensing:
If my product uses Gnu-make-specific features in its Makefiles will it be considered 'derivative' and bound by the GPL?

I have not decided on how to license my product but until I do, I don't want to design it to end up being locked into a GPL.
Thanks,
Greg Keraunen <address@hidden>