help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random stuff

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some random stuff
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:11:16 +0200

2009/10/16 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>
> (no rar *pleaaaaase*)

Okay, makes no different for me!

> What d'ya think?

I have kasperhviid.dk, which I have never really used. It do allow PHP/MySQL, but doing the actual coding work would be outside my field. If the site ended up being as advanced as you describe, it should probably have its own really cool domain.

I don't know if there would be enough people creating content to make it worth creating a big shiny community web site. On the other hand - such a site would most likely inspire a lot of people to contribute.

If such a community was created, it could easily be geared towards Open Source game content in general.

It would be very important is that the Creative Commons license is applied to any uploaded content - and that the contributers are aware of this.

It's a shame that the gnu.org server isn't an option. It would be best if we could have everything in one place. But we could cross link, and then there's that iframe tag.

One thing I considered was to upload to deviantart.com and let there be a certain search word for LW6 maps. The site already exist, and it has an amazing amount of users already. Each contribution would be seen by a lot of potential contributers. I think I will upload my stuff there at some time, I don't think it would damage your community idea.

Hey, found a piece of fanart:
http://macklonghorn.deviantart.com/art/The-Final-Liquid-War-12746498

 - Kasper