help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 6 eye candy

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 6 eye candy
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 03:31:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, October 3, 2009 12:55 am, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> else. But the word "liquid" in the title is only a result of  the
> flowing nature of the armies movement. LW5 looked at lot more like
> powder war.
Don't forget that the game itself was born after finding a nice & fast
shortest path algorithm. My friend Thomas, at that time, back in 1995,
judged it looked like liquid, and that's how was born the concept. So
distorting things, changing them, using them for what they were not meant
to is just the true spirit of the game ;)

> Sadly, my knowledge of OpenGL is very limited. I only know that it is
> something which can create things that are cool!
Basically OpenGL can do anything. Google Earth if you want. Mac OS X
desktop. Those cool things, yeah. But the question is : what can we do for
nothing, or at least, for a limited effort. By limited I mean not too CPU
greedy and not too programmer crunching either. Hacking takes time ;)

I think the way we're doing things now, just exchanging ideas and let me
pick what's easy to do, isn't that bad.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--