help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 6 eye candy

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 6 eye candy
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 00:55:27 +0200

A bit late, but --- good luck with that Mint thing, Tim!

Anyhow, I think the primary question is:

"How can OpenGL make the armies more pretty?"

When that first question is answered, the secondary question is how we
can make that effect fit with the low resolution fighter layer.

The effect would need to look natural on most map textures. Also, it
should both be pretty as a single a fighter and as a large group. I
don't think it has to look like liquid. Not necessarily. I was
thinking "let's find a way to simulate liquid", and so was anyone
else. But the word "liquid" in the title is only a result of  the
flowing nature of the armies movement. LW5 looked at lot more like
powder war.

Sadly, my knowledge of OpenGL is very limited. I only know that it is
something which can create things that are cool!

 - Kasper