help-gsasl

Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:48:57 +0100

Lothar May <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 2009/9/26 Lothar May <address@hidden>:
> [...]
>> I will perform some more testing this weekend.
>
> In the meantime, I've integrated gsasl using scram-sha1 in PokerTH
> (currently in svn version only, will be finalized with 0.8). It works
> like a charm on Windows and Linux, and yet I did not encounter any
> more issues. Also, the mingw gsasl release works fine (thanks!). The
> challenge-response is wrapped within the PokerTH protocol, however, so
> it probably won't help for interop testing or things like this.

Cool!  Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated.

I suppose we could do a 1.4 release soon to make it prefer SCRAM-SHA-1
over CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5.  The most critical reason not to would be if
the new code crashes, but I suppose you would have noticed that if it
happened.

> I still have problems building gsasl on Mac OS 10.6 (snow leopard). It
> compiles out of the box, but builds the "x86_64" version. I need the
> "x86" (i386) version. I tried things like "export CFLAGS="-arch i386
> -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/include/" and corresponding
> LFLAGS, but then gsasl itself won't link. Also, I'm not sure whether
> this is the correct way to do this. If someone has any hint for me how
> to solve this issue, that would be appreciated.

I am sorry but I don't know Mac OS X well enough to answer this.  Maybe
you can look at MacPorts or similar project that builds other GNU
software for Mac?

> Anyway, thanks for gsasl 1.3!

Thanks for testing,
Simon