Re: Unencrypted password in EFI mode

From: Randy Goldenberg
Subject: Re: Unencrypted password in EFI mode
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 07:25:01 -0700

On Wednesday June 03, 2020, paul kerdren wrote:
Hello,

I know it's a really bad practice but I would like to understand the
differences between BIOS and EFI mode in grub.

When I put "password user insecure" in the /boot/grub2/grub.cfg file in
BIOS mode, grub recognizes my password and allows me to edit the grub
configuration.

On the other hand, when I'm in EFI mode (/boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg),
the password doesn't work and I have the punishment delay increasing.
The password_pbkdf2 command works correctly.

Are the contents of /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg the same as /boot/grub2/grub.cfg?