Re: debugging grub2

From: Pascal Hambourg
Subject: Re: debugging grub2
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 00:04:08 +0200

Le 05/09/2018 à 22:41, daggs a écrit :

From: "Pascal Hambourg" <address@hidden>

This is the DOS partition table in the MBR of the ISO-hybrid image. It
is used only when the image is written to a disk, thumbdrive or flash
card. It is not part of El Torito and ignored (by EFI/BIOS firmwares)
when the image is written on optical media.

I'm booting from a virtual optical cd, I'm not burning the image.

What do you mean exactly ? Are you using the image on a virtual machine or on a storage device which emulates optical media ?

In either case, it does not matter that it is not a real optical disk as long as the UEFI firmware sees it as such.

actually, that explains why I see it as (hd0) on the other machine.

How do you use the image on this other machine ? If it is on a disk or flash drive, the UEFI firmware sees it as a partitioned disk.