pass env set in grub2 to fstab or systemd

From: Peter Holm
Subject: pass env set in grub2 to fstab or systemd
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 01:53:12 +0100

At commandline I can do this to mount a volume (in this case a btrfs-subvolume).

curSystem=lubuntu
mount -t btrfs -o subvol=sysroot/${curSystem}-mountpoints/users/root
-L multisys /xyz

which mounts sysroot/lubuntu-mountpoints/users/root at /xyz

    Is it possible to perform some similar with set the env from grub2
to be used within fstab.?

    If not, Is it possible to set env in grub2 and get a custom
systemd-script to read that.?
    Other suggestions is welcome as well.

If any custom-mounts.sh is the only alternative, could that be called
as early as systemd.mount is executed.?

This mail is an exact copy of my question at
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/344132/pass-env-set-in-grub2-to-fstab-or-systemd

I assume I should been asking here in the first place.

/Peter Holm